What are excuses?
VERB excuses (third-person present)
attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
excuses (plural noun)
a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.
Understanding and overcoming excuses.
“It’s not your lack of resources, it’s your lack of resourcefulness that stops you.” - Tony Robbins
Whether you believe success is, 80% psychology & only 20% mechanics or 90/10 or even 100/0......The fact is that our current results and our current situation has a lot to do with what goes on in our head.
Most people tell themselves bullshit stories about why they’ve failed in the past and why they are not where they want to be today.
But they continue to do the things that got them where they are today....... 🤯.
What excuses, reasons, and stories are you currently telling?
CLICK HERE FOR THE EXCUSE LIST
“Not enough time.”
“My leads suck.”
“I need more leads.”
“Not enough money.”
“The market is so hot they don't need me”
“I need a new brokerage.”
“KV Core sucks.”
Essentially, excuses are blaming a lack of resources.
But Tony says that resources are never the problem. Instead, it’s your lack of resourcefulness that’s the problem.
Not knowing what to do is not holding you back either...... Because if you're creative enough, you will find the answer. If you’re determined enough, you will find the breakthrough. If you’re committed enough, you will find the money.
So if you don’t have what you want today - the first step is to stop hypnotizing yourself with these stories.
The second step is to actually commit to your goal.
What if your psychology is already dialed in? What if you’re thinking positive thoughts... Digesting quality information… And always showing up in your business as your best self... ...But you’re still struggling? What then?
Well, then it’s one of two things...... the mechanics or the environment. You haven’t sharpened the skill sets needed to be successful.
- You don't practice what to say
- Focused on selling rather than connecting
- Not building your database
- Not prospecting & lead generating
- Not showing up for coaching
- Not making a plan
- Not asking enough questions or better/harder questions
- Not taking action or taking action on things that avoid important things
- Not maximizing the courses, education, classes, books, events, meetings, etc.... available to you. (Examples: Intentional Success, Script Practice, Coaching, Fired Up Fridays, eXp University, Live eXp classes, eXp events, NAEA, Zero To Diamond, BMP Intranet, YouTube, Facebook Groups, Mentorships.)
- Not teaching. Teaching a class is a hack to become the master. Want to learn something on a deeper level, commit to teaching a public class on the topic, and prepare.
OR... It's the environment that you are in each day.
- You are in an unsupported environment - Your environment is full of other lost and confused real estate agents.
- New agents influence other new agents with their ideas, beliefs, & activities. - You never cause conversations with the right people. (People who have achieved the goal you are working towards) - The information you watch. Videos, Social Media newsfeeds, etc. - The books your read. Are you reading Twilight or The Gap & The Gain? - Bad relationship - Friends who don't respect your time and goals - Your mindset. What you say to yourself in your head. Your own environment
The real estate industry is competitive. It always will be. BUT… The industry is flooded with agents who already know everything....... And these agents are not growing, innovating, learning, and they are all copying one another doing the same outdated and overused strategies from the past. As Andy Frisella says, "Creating a duplicating army of nobodies.". Don't get me wrong, some old strategies will always work. But... Everyone’s doing the same things and selling the same way—just in a different disguise. A different brand, face, color, pitch, etc. History repeats itself. WHO IS WINNING?... The agents who are dominating today pour into developing a bigger and better mind, surrounding themselves with the right people, innovating, learning, adapting, and they are always listening (being coachable). They are willing to make mistakes. They take extraordinary consistent massive action. THE TRUTH IS... No matter how competitive, how hard, and no matter our condition or circumstances..... THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR GREATNESS!
You need to recognize what separates YOU from THEM. You have to create an outstanding environment. You have to spend your time with people who empower you. You have to consistently be learning in all areas of life. And you have to know how online marketing and sales work today... Otherwise, you’ll be like 90% of all agents...
Out of business in the next 2-5 years… And your mission will die.
The vision in your head will become your reality. Make sure you are looking in the right direction.
“It’s not luck, it’s not magic, it’s not circumstances. It’s developing a great plan and EXECUTING on it, day in and day out until the visions in your head become your reality.” - Andy Frislla